Subject: [Leica] Leica Film Cassettes; can use which in what??
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 14:39:15 -0400

Hi group-

ok, I may not be the brightest bulb in the tree- but I think this is a
topic that lots of folks get confused on:

I have some Leica film cassettes-

all have a silver 'nub' sticking out of the top, if I put the 'nub' at the
12 O'clock position at 8 O'clock is a golden "Z". On the bottom of the
cassettes is:
"Ernst Leitz GmbH Wetzlar"
and under that:
"Germany"
Are these used in Leica Thread Mount or 'M' camera's?
Can they be used in, say, a Canon 7 screwmount or a Nicca/Tower screwmount
(specifically a Tower 5L)? or are these JUST for 'M' bodies?

I ask because I tried to use one in my Nicca and have had some advance
problems- since I just recently had the camera overhauled, and it's new to
me- I don't know if it's an advance problem caused by the cassette or if
it's the assembly, which had been rebuilt- I also realize if they are for
'M' bodies then I need an older baseplate (my M6 Classic doesn't have the
'release notch'...)

sigh...

too much to learn/rmember/figure out.... help!

regards,

happy y2k to all!

Bob Keene