Subject: RE: [Leica] Uhhhh...mail-order?
From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:59:32 -0500

Mike,

While I agree with you in principle (and the B&H numbers work from Canada),
there are reasons for not wanting to buy mail order, some international,
some not.  Based on my experience a few years ago, UPS charges excessive
brokerage fees, and often gets the duty wrong. This also adds 3 or 4 days to
the delivery. In addition, personally there is no one home during the time
UPS delivers, so arrangements have to be made. These aren't huge issues, and
for a major purchase, I find ways around these problems. For a few rolls of
film, I might not.

My two cents..........
Ken
Oakville, ON