Subject: Re: [Leica] What to bring to Hawaii
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 21:48:36 -0800

Ray wrote:

>I'm planning a trip to Maui and Kauai this June, and I'm trying to
>decide what is more appropiate to bring on the trip. It will be either
>an M6 with 35mm and 50mm lens or a Canon EOS1n with a 28-70 and 70-200
>lens. I really don't want to be overloaded and burdened by heavy
>equipment, but on the other hand I want to make sure that I have enough
>coverage for more situations.>>>>>>>

Ray,

Take the whole damn bunch and piles and piles of film! I'd bet $100 that
whatever you were told to leave behind would end up being the very first
lens you need.

If your going to Hawaii I don't imagine you're back packing the gear, so
take it all! Rent a car and throw it in the trunk and you'll have
everything you need. Rather than saying to yourself later, "Damn why didn't
I bring that.....!" Trust me, been there, done it when trying to go light
gear.

If you're only doing happy-snaps and that's the case, just take the M6, a
35 or wider and live with it!

Oh yeah and a tripod just incase you want to go spear fishing! :)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant