Subject: [Leica] more lists
From: Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:25:15 +0100

Lens of the century: The Cooke triplet, it has been designed already
in 1893 by Taylor, but it became a revolution only after 1900 when
Schott gave us the glass to optimize the design
Lens designer of the century: most dangerous this one. I opt for
Berek as he developed the computations needed to optimize 35mm
photography.
Color film of the century: Agfacolor as this one was the first to use
the three layer (RGB) technique
Tools of the century: the H and D sensitometric analysis and the
electrical exposure meter, without these two we would be still
guessing around
The most underrated product of the century: the Kodak Disc system
which gave us the current emulsion quality
The technique of the century: Zone system, it learned generations of
photographers to discuss technique in a systematic way
Most underrated camera of the century: The Zeiss Contaflex SLR from 1953

Erwin