Subject: Re: R: [Leica] Camera and photographer of the century
From: "Claes Bjerner" <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:44:42 +0100

> Dear Raimo,
> it's obvious that Time(years, months, hours....) is a human concept, and so
> the time depend on our way of thinking. But, it's as much true that the uman
> agreements had fixed some points. And one of these is that the reference
> years begin from 1 to infinity (and 1 is, for civilized world, the date of
> the birth of Jesus). So, that you want or not, the first reference
> millennium of the new era came from 1 to 1000, the second from 1001 to 2000
> ant the third from 2001 to 3000.
> If my personal calendar has origin from the death of Beethoven, it's another
> thing.....
>
> All the best,
>
> Giorgio Ferrari
> "fergio@galactica.it"

God save us from scientific mathematicians! Because there is certainly doubt
in my mind that most people, like myself, are absolutely convinced that we
have just entered the first year of this new decade, century as well as
millennium. Sometimes scientific "proof" simply has to give way to peoples
own logic.

Claes