Subject: Re: [Leica] Millennium M6
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:58:11 -0700

on 19/1/00 12:26 am, Julio Marcos at jmarcos@mybanana.com wrote:

> But the other day I went to Leica's site I was 'stunned' when I
> saw the black-painted M6. Does the black-painted Leica look as good as
> in the pictures? (deep black and shiny) Has anyone on the list really
> seen it?
> I've already checked Mr. Gandy's page on it, and there was a thread
> which I didn't pay too much attention a few days ago. Can anybody
> refresh me on its possible price?

The announced price was about $2800US and they have been showing up on eBay
at around $3000US to $3400US. I have not paid any attention as to whether
they are being sold at those prices. If you love the black paint finish and
engraved top plate but would prefer a rewind crank (trust me you prefer the
rewind crank), then join the LHSA as they are bring out there own special
black paint issue at (supposedly) only a premium of $400US over the standard
list price. There is a chap in Japan who refinishes cameras with brass top
plates in black paint for about $400US. Only the titanium M6 has a brass top
plate ­ maybe the platinum :-) and gold ones :-) too? ­ so you could find a
user one of those and away you go. Here is his URL:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/shintaro.htm

John Collier