Subject: Re: [Leica] Something BIG is happening
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:16:45 -0500

...Who would buy Leica if it had become Cosina ?
Now, that may be an entirely different proposition if it had become
Fuji...
;-)
Pascal
	--> One thing to remember is that high level financiers
	sometimes like to swap shares to even out
	a given portfolio, to streamline their technology
	titles, and such.
	Leica stock is rather weak presently on the stock market
	but the firm is a good one. It is mainly a matter
	of horizons and perspective !  ;+)

	It's quite obvious a premium brand name like "LEICA"
	is worth a HUGE sum of money to a Japanese
	firm that could be interested in such a take-over
	or merger or "whatever" it may become...
	Don't forget proprietary secret manufacturing techniques
	and knowledge of the Leica people is worth saving
	and investing into right there and then.
	My major point is: don't worry about your investment
	in Leica equipment: Leica will survive and adapt,
	that is THEIR problem not ours.

	A little aside: my father sold chocolates and his employer
	had found a way to make chocolate stay fresh, tastier, over
	two years without chemicals: it was bought just to get
	that secret.

	Make yours a great week-end: try a roll of Fuji NHG II 800 just
	for the heck of it. Maybe there's color in all those grays ...

	Andre Jean Quintal