Subject: [Leica] AE/AF in M
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:10:35 +0100

Hi, all. I pick up three more from the 100 Q&A's with Leica featured in
Asahi Camera Jan issue.

Q64- Can you make an AF camera based on Leica M?
A64- In our opinion, M should remain a manual camera.  We will stick to its
tradition with M.

Q65- Is it difficult to make the current M camera "AE"?
A65- The mechanically controled horizontal travel focalplane shutter is the
"life" of M.  Vertical systems used in other automatic cameras cannot be
installed in M.  AE in M requires electronic control of the current shutter
system.

Q66- Will you adopt matrix metering in future AE M cameras?
A66- The selective metering in the M6TTL is simple but extremely accurate.
It is highly estimated among users.  We will not change this metering system
in our future development of cameras.

Now can you folks guess what an AE M model will be like???

Mikiro