Subject: RE: [Leica] Something BIG is a Fuji 690
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:24:49 -0000

Joseph,
To me, this is the interesting area of connection between Leica and Fuji,
their rangefinder production. Prior to the 690 (II and III) there was the
original which had interchangeable lenses, much more like a Leica on
steroids, excepting that it used (perhaps quite sensibly) leaf shutters.
They bottomed out at a 65mm lens and went up via 90, 105 to 150 I recall. I
think Leica explored the possibility of a roll film rangefinder pre war,
they got as far as a mock-up but no further I believe.

Jem