Subject: Re: [Leica] Something BIG is happening
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:30:54 EST

In a message dated 23-01-00 18:07:14 GMT Standard Time, Gaifana@aol.com
writes:

<< << based on their past experience of
 being stitched up by them etc. >>

 Ok, now my British English is deficient. What does this mean, "stitched up?"
 Does it mean "ripped-off," "back-stabbed," or what? Here it means "to fix
up"
 as in to save. Interesting double-meaning, I guess.

In real English (the old stuff as spoken here) it means being ripped off or
stabbed in the back. Evidently Leica had an agreement with Fuji (I think)
that the equivalent of a Leica digital camera made for the by the Japanese
company,    would not be marketed in the same markets as the Leica and the
Japanese company actually bought their version out prior to Leicas. I
understand this has left a very sour taste in leicas mouth and whilst they
may seek Japanese expertise, etc. they will not have a direct tie up with
them again (so my sources say).

Gerry
Gerry Walden (UK)