Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica limitations (?)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:41:53 -0800

One of the inescapable areas in which an SLR has an immediate advantage
is in close focusing accuracy. No RF camera competes with the SLR for
close focusing capabilities, so in that regard you are quite right.

However, in 30+ years of using both kinds of cameras, I've only rarely
ever come across a situation where the kind of photography I wanted to do
with my RF cameras was particularly limited by the close focusing limits.
I've just not found it to be much of an issue. If I want to do close in
macro work, I grab the SLR. But most of the time, I'm not shooting within
the 1-2 foot range so it doesn't matter.

Godfrey