Subject: [Leica] re: should leica survive?
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:42:00 EST

I couldn't agree more. I never shed a tear when Voigtlander went under. Ditto
Pentakon, Walz, Ihagee (Exakta) or Graflex or any of the dozens of others,
and neither did any of you.

But their cameras are still around.

The thing that puzzels me most is how all you guys keep telling Leica what it
should bring out to make a market success: auto focus, digital this or that,
and on and on.  I thought you bought Leicas bekuz you liked the way they were
at that point in time? If they were so bad, why did you buy them?

ctrentelman
ogden,
owns 7 leicas, none newer than 20 years,'
utah