Subject: Re: [Leica] Impression of 75-200 f/4.5 Zoom
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 15:51:11 EST

In a message dated 01/26/2000 3:14:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, rjr@usip.com
writes:

<< Comparing to results from my APO 100mm, and 35-70 f/4 ASPH zoom, the
slides (EVS 100) were not that easy to tell apart on a light table. >>
I have been saying for several years not the the Leica (Japan - connection)
lenses are really great performers withing their aperture limits.
I did the same tests before I bought the 28-70 and the 70-210 zooms and
concluded that , in most respects, these zooms were in the same league as my
primary lenses. Further, the old 28-70 is a real bargain. My usual R travel
kit is a body, the two zooms, a 21mm f4,an extender and the 400mm telyt
without the shoulder stock.
I have been around Europe, the Virgin Islands and several US cities with that
outfit. BTW, when I go light, it is just an M5 with the 35mm 1.4 ASPH and the
90mm 2.8 (just got it and am blown away by its resolution and contrast -
seems to be better than the R version I have).

Bob Figlio