Subject: Re: [Leica] Visoflex Prism Questions
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@primus.com.au>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:45:58 +1100

John Collier wrote:

> I am looking to buy a eye-level finder for a viso III and need to know the
> answers to a few questions.
>
> - Can the viso II finder OTXBO be used on a viso III?
>
> - Is the correct code number for the viso III prism 16499?
>
> - Was there any letter code for this part?
>
> I am searching the internet and have found a 16499 prism for the viso but it
> does not specify if it is for a III. Any help or offers of one for sale
> would be gratefully appreciated.
>
> John Collier

  John, the Visoflex 2 finder can be used on  a Visoflex 3 . It will focus ok.
The only drawback is that you have to remove the finder from the Visoflex before
you mount it or dismount it. The larger (round) eyepiece stops it from sliding
forwards over the camera top plate.
I do prefer the Viso2 finder , because the eyepiece is adjustable for my
eyesight. The Viso3 finder list this feature.

Regards, Horst Schmidt

NB. I am not 100% certain if it still works on the M6 TTL bodies . The top
plates are a couple of mm higher than all other M models.