Subject: Re: [Leica] What are Leicas made for?!?
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:10:34 +0100

Jem,

If you like, send me some Tiff-images as attached files, and I will convert them to JPEG:s for you. Large files are best sent to my job-address hans@komvux.skola.mark.se

Don't be afraid to ask me, it is no trouble at all. I am honestly interested to see some of your work, as I understand that you know how to analyze a picture.

I am not very serious about competitions, but it is a way doing something together, to pass the time until spring comes.

Thanks for visiting my pages!

It is strange though, that no one ever has commented my own favorite image, the one on top at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/5799/roma99.htm

I guess we see different things in images. For me, this image is Rome in a nutshell, with some confusion and charms, a mix of local inhabitants, tourists and a dog moving around on a classical piazza in Rome, Campo di Fiori. I like this picture a lot, and I have an enlargement on my wall.
We had only a few hours in Rome, and I shot a lot of pictures in a very short time. I had only time to visit the traditiotinal tourist places, but I felt that everything went my way when shooting. It is a very happy and euphoric feeling, as we all know!

PS I am really glad I wrote that second message. Sometimes it is best to swallow one's pride, and admit to having done something stupid...

Hans