Subject: [Leica] Police problems in India OT
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 17:17:30 -0800

I'm not disputing anyone else's reality about photograohy in India.
However, I had no problems with police concerning photography during the
five weeks I was in India last Spring. I traveled about 3500 km by rail
in every class and must have exposed at least 60 rolls of medium format
and 35mm film which included shots in rry stations, aboard trains, and
even shots of cooperative police and soldiers themselves. I  flew around
the North and photographed airport scenes and within terminals at small
airports that were also military bases. There are a lot of soldiers with
.303 Enfields standing around in all these places but none ever bothered
me. Namaste, Bill Lawlor