Subject: Re: [Leica] Leitz table top / tiltall tripod or others???
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:09:55 EST

In a message dated 2/7/00 2:25:05 AM, swemel@hotmail.com writes:

>Does anyone use the Leitz tiltall tripod ? Would it be good with an M6?

I've used Tiltall tripods almost exclusively for about 15 years. They're nice
and sturdy and relatively simple. The have a few disadvantages: primarily the
fact that they don't go low. I've thought about getting a Gitzo but I don't
care for their heads much and I haven't found anything else I like as well as
the Tiltall. You could do a lot worse. FWIW, I'm a bit of a Tiltall snob -- I
use the old chrome Marchioni Tiltalls made prior to Leitz's involvement.

Bob (never sat on my Tiltall like Lester Bogen) McEowen