Subject: [Leica] Response
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 09:38:12 -0500

Luggers,
        First of all, as someone new to the LUG, I was amazed at the
passionate opinions voiced over my recent posting.
        As for my opinions about the Hexar, I still stand by them and I did
not know what was said prior to a week ago. Sorry, if I wasn't as orginal as
some would have liked.
        I never said I accepted the 1/50 M sync speed, someone else ASSUMED
I did. A 1/125 x-sync is not enough. I won't buy a half way solution to the
M camera syncro-sun question. I look forward to further improvements in the
M-camera.
        Yes, Iam a Kodchrome fan, but I haven't shot a roll of Kodachrome on
an assignment in five or six years. mostly because of the processing time
lag. As a photojournalist, I want future generations to have the option of
looking at my pictures. Permanance is Important! (Sorry, Ted) Think, what
would future generations think about World War II, if Bob Capa's D-Day
photos, Joe Rosenthal's Iwo flag raising pictures faded away?
        Like most of you, I would never buy a gold plated M6 or any of the
limited editions but there are plenty of people out there who will, and they
are adding much needed D-Marks into company's bank accounts. Some of this
money is going into R&D for products we as photographers can use.
        As for being a Leica zealot, I will proudly wear the title. Those of
you who known me,  know I have a much more practical view of  Leica.
        Sorry, if some of you didn't like my "good, better and Leica" line.
It was meant to be FUNNY.

Cheers,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.

PS to PeterK   Look in you company's employee magazine, you will see my name
occasionally in the photo credits.