Subject: Re: [Leica] Off to Sweden
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 22:19:29 -0800

Just saw that my e-mail ID had switched to "Datamasters" instead of my name.
I'm on a brand new PC and think someone at the shop helped set up the
internet mail.

I now am setting up the digital darkroom, and just completeld a project that
uses MS Access and Photoshop together. The photo database catalogs 350
aerial images of the 80 miles of the Mad RIver.  Each image is displayed
with the database record that describes the area.  Click on the3x5" photo on
the screen (about 50k), and Photoshop launches to display the Kodak Photo CD
image as an18MB file. All the shots were taken with a DR Summicron from
about 2500'above ground. You can almost see the gravel. The folks who
sponsored the project at the local water district just love all the detail.

The new PC made the project possible - 512MB memory, dual monitors and dual
CD's with one as a CD burner. I haven't forsaken the Cibachrome yet. Leicas
and PC's and a Nikon LS-1000 do make an interesting new combination, tho.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff