Subject: [Leica] LUG Fellowship
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 16:47:43 -0800

Just have to report a great time together with fellow LUGger, Hans Pahlen. I
visited our Swedish exchange student's family last week in southern Sweden
on the island of Tjorn. They were just over an hour's drive from Hans, so I
was able to visit him on my last day in Sweden.

I was able to see actual prints of some of the photos Hans has on his
website and was espcially impressed at the quality of the ones that were
printed on an inkjet printer. We talked Leicas of course and our use of
digital darkroom approaches, which I am just beginning to serioiusly
explore.

Hans also took me to the little town of Horred, just five miles from his
hometown of Skene. We found the building where I had stayed with my
girlfriend's family 35 years ago and walked around the same churchyard where
she and I had taken walks so many years ago.

After a fine lunch together, Hans drove me to the Gothenburg airport, where
I flew back to London and a train trip north to York. The main purpose of
the trip was to take pictures for a friend's daughter at the Ampleforth
Abbey near Helmsley in Yorkshire.  But that's a whole other Leica story. . .

Thanks, Hans, for a great tour! Any LUGgers every passing thru Eureka, CA,
give me a call so I can pass on the favor.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger