Subject: [Leica] Off to Sweden
From: "Datamasters" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:19:57 -0800

Have been mostly lurking lately, but have been in touch with Swedish and
Swedish/Canadian LUGgers. Got some good advice from Tom A, so contacted Hans
Pahlen for my trip to Gothenburg this Friday.

Hans lives just five miles up the road from a family I stayed with back in
the 60's. I'm looking forward to seeing the old Swedish  neighborhood again,
and wondering how much all has changed. Maybe we can visit the Hasselblad
factory.

Then off to England midweek to a friend's daughter's wedding up near York -
James Harriotte country. I'll be taking wedding photos for the beautiful
bride, using the Leicas in the photojournalist approach they wanted. I've
done weddings before that way, but am always careful to get a few more
formal portraits, too. As usual, the hardest part is to be sure not to
forget Aunt Matilda or whoever. I'm also looking forward to some bleak
winter landscapes in Yorkshire, up near Helmsley. Anybody nearby? I will be
staying at the Grimston Manor in Gilling East from Feb 17-22. (Tel.:
01347-888654,  http://www.pbct.demon.co.uk/helmsley/helsc.htm ) Lets do some
Leica landscapes!

The Coast Guard Artist program has been exiting and photo-filled. Latest
trip was with two new 47' surf boats off the coast of Humboldt Bay,
practicing hoist ops with the Dolphin hovering just above the spray of the
rotors and rescue swimmers jumping into the ocean.

The "Millenium Last Light" photo has resulted in the sale so far of seven
16x20 framed Cibachromes, a TV interview, and full page newspaper article. I
can barely catalog the shots I've been taking and now am off with about 50
rolls again. Should be fun!

Ted's right - less talk, more photos!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff