Subject: [Leica] Old vs. new: Please help me decide.
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de (Hans-Peter.Lammerich)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:28:14 +0100

Due to the folks replacing their M6 with M6 TTL, M6 "classic" prices appear to
be rock bottom at the moment. At Foto Gregor in Cologne I saw a couple of used
M6 in the DM 2800 range. My local dealer in Mannheim has even one for DM 2500.

On the other hand many M2 and M3 who filled up second hand shelves in the past
years have disappeared. High Yen, maybe. Prices for mint M2s are still
prohibitive and with a user M2, there is a risk that you have to invest in an
overhaul, partially offsetting the savings.

With colour negative, XP-2, T-Max 400 CN, Tri-X or HP5 you will manage with a
M2. For slides, T-Max or Ilford Delta a M6 is ther better choice.

If you are not intending to use a 35mm lens rather than an apo 3.4/135, a "0.72"
is the better choice. Even withour glasses, it is difficut to see the 35mm
frames in a "0.85" (like the 28mm frames in a "0.72").

Hans-Peter