Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 28mm PC Super-Angulon abnd Rfdr Nikon rumors
From: "Robert Bedwell" <rlb@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:31:02 -0500

Actually David I also owned a Noctilux at the same time.  It was nice to own
but in actuality I used it rarely.  It was very heavy, didn't like the
obstruction through the viewfinder and in reality seldom used it at F1.0.
Pride of ownership though.

In retrospect I did not use the PC SA except on a tripod.   Probably should
have though.  One of my pet peeves is a leaning building.  The PC SA fixed
that as you know.   It was somewhat dark through the finder but not
objectionable.

I agree with you about the 35mm lens being a normal lens.   The 28 PC SA is
spectacular but it is not one that you can bring to the eye quickly and use
like a 35mm.  I particularly enjoy the 28mm focal length and find that it
will easily fit a gap between 21 and 35.  I use a 28mm exclusively on my
Contax G2.   I am giving serious consideration to another M6 to be used
exclusively with a 24mm asph.

David if you have the discretionary funds for this specialized lens I would
strongly recommend it for the quality of the negatives.  If you expect it to
be quick to use and would be aggravated if it is not then I would suggest
that you think about it more.  If I had to choose between it and a Nocto the
SA PA would be my personal choice.  With films like Delta 3200 developed in
Xtol the need for F1.0 is reduced dramatically.

I have had nothing but good luck with my ebay purchases and sales.  There
are some operational tools that they make available that are transactions
safeguards.   I will be happy to give you some pointers if you are
interested.

Best of luck with your decision.

bob