Subject: [Leica] Re: 28mm PC Super-Angulon abnd Rfdr Nikon rumors
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:53:03 -0800

Bob:

>>I have owned many lenses in my lifetime but only a few were memorable.
When
I had my R8's I owned the 28mm PC Super Angulon R.  Without reservation I
can honestly state that this was, without question, the finest 35mm lens
that I have ever owned.<<

Ouch. I was afraid somebody was going to say something like that. There
goes my Noctilux money.

How much do you really miss the SA? Do you miss is a lot, or just
occasionally? It seems that recently there have been more than a few
occasions when a PC lens would have been extremely nice to have. Thus my
lamenting my old 35PC Nikkor. I don't want to buy a lens, use it a couple
of times, and then let it sit. (As surprising as that sounds, it's happened
to me in the past). Yet, if it's practical as an everyday lens, too....or
am I rationalizing? I consider the 35mm focal length my standard lens.

Ebay? Yikes! The mere thought of entering that arena scares me. I'm afraid
I might raise my hand too many times.

David