Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder patch flare
From: Thomas Kachadurian <tom@kachadurian.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:27:00 -0500

My M4-P is different than the M6s I have owned. The M4-P has a much
clearer patch and the image snaps more into focus, even in non-flare
situations. Also, the M4-P has never had the flare problem. Perhaps
my M4-P is one from before the alteration. I'm just glad to have it.

Tom

>YES, the HM M6's suffer from the same problem of flare.  So do the
>late M4-P's.
>Something inside the rangefinder was removed (Leica decision)and the flaring
>began.  Ask one of the repair people such as DAG or Sherry Krauter.  The flare
>in my HM M6 was horrible.  I ended up selling it and aquired an M3.
>Yep, I wish
>I had that M6, flare and all!  The M3 is really great to focus, but I miss the
>quickness of the loading and the meter, not to mention the ability to focus to
>0.7 m.  (The M3 of mine only focuses to 1.0 m.)
>
>Douglas

Thomas Kachadurian
www.kachadurian.com