Subject: Re: [Leica] perfection, etc.
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:58:31 -0800

Saint Ex sounds right---also quoted by Yvon Chouinard, designer/manufacturer
of some of the most elegant climbing hardware ever made (twenty years on, I
still use one of his ice axes with a laminated bamboo shaft, despite getting
the Hairy Eyeball from friends in Mountain Rescue, who favor metal shafts).
His stuff is a bit more expensive than most hardware, but not quite in
Leica's price range; as he once said, "Five bucks seems like a lot for a
carabiner---but if I sold it to the yachting crowd, I could get fifteen."

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.

> > Not that I take good photographs, what makes me puke with 100%
> > reliability is Anne Geddes.  I guess some of her stuff is all right, but
> > all the stuff of infants in butterfly costumes and such drive me nuts.
> > I am always reminded of: "Perfection is not when nothing else can be
> > added, but is when nothing [else] can be taken away."  Was it Rodin?
Why muck