Subject: [Leica] Eggleston: art photography
From: timswan <timswan@blazenetme.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:03:29 -0500

B.D., I asked, somewhat rhetorically, because as a log-time admirer of
both, I find many similarities between them.  I find W.E.'s images to
show "the desperation of the times." I also think that, like Evans, W.E.
is documenting a way of life that will soon be gone forever.

You really do need to see some more of Eggleston's photos, live and in
person.

I will now resign from a thread that I've found entertaining, thoughtful,
frustrating, and funny.

Tim