Subject: Re: [Leica] Stephen Holloway 1 Feb - 17 Feb
From: Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:55:28 +0100

Mike Johnston wrote:

> It's got boatloads of coma (fat-comet shaped out of focus highlights)
> which gives it charming, distinctive look. You can get a really nice
> 'wrap-around' framing effect with it.
>
> I've got some pictures on my site taken with it. Check out
>
> http://deepturtle.ch/steve/photos/pod/1feb00.html through to 17 Feb.
> <<<
>
> Stephen Holloway,
> Wow, there are some GREAT pics in that set. Were all those taken with
> the f/1.5 Summarit?? I want one. I really enjoyed looking through those
> pictures. Great use of "bokeh." I'm in love with with the girl on the
> bus.
>
> Seeing pictures like these reaffirms my oft-questioned decision to keep
> hanging around on the LUG...<s>
>
> THANKS!
>
> --Mike
>
> P.S. I'm bookmarking your site.

Thanks a lot. All the pics from Feb 1 to Feb 17 are with the Summarit.
Since then I've been using a Noctilux, but the Summarit holds a special
place in my heart. Everything else on the site is done with a Nikon F3
(I've had the Leica since the beginning of February) apart some colour
work done with a digicam. But I'm using the M6 exclusively now. I'll be
posting a picture every day for the forseeable future (sometimes it's a
bit late though...).

By the way, it's a tram (so much more stable than a bus!). I shoot a lot
on trams.

Cheers,
- --
Stephen Holloway