Subject: Re: [Leica] Holloway
From: Stephen Holloway <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:08:18 +0100

Mike Johnston wrote:

> Summarit.
> Since then I've been using a Noctilux, but the Summarit holds a special
> place in my heart. Everything else on the site is done with a Nikon F3
> (I've had the Leica since the beginning of February) apart some colour
> work done with a digicam. But I'm using the M6 exclusively now<<<
>
> Here's something REALLY scary: I forwarded the URL of your site to our
> contributor Oren Grad (who is a truly brilliant fellow, a senior
> scientist who holds an M.D. and two Ph.D.s), and he quickly
> identified--only from the website--which shots were taken with Nikon
> lenses and which with Leicas.
>
> --Mike
>
> P.S. I'd keep going with the Summarit if I were you...

Well, he may have cheated. A description is attached to the 'alt' tag of
each picture. With most browsers if you move your mouse over the photo
this text is displayed.

Don't worry, I'll be using the Summarit a great deal in the future. I'm
shooting the Noctilux a lot at the moment because it's quite difficult
to use (slow to focus and you have to be spot on) so it's good practice
for me (I also quite like the results...!).

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.ch/steve/photos