Subject: Re: [Leica] What 90mm? Rapidwinder?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:18:52 +0100

Hi Göran,

The 0.72 rangefinder is certainly accurate enough for the 90 Apo Summicron. I
have owned the 90 Elmarit in the past and now have the Apo. The latter is
bigger, no question, so if small size is important to you, go with the Elmarit.
It is optically excellent, except at f2 ;-)

In other words, I would buy the 90mm Apo only if you will actually use the extra
stop. And don't buy it in Sweden, take advantage of the Single Market and shop
in Germany...you will save lots of kronor.

Nathan

Bjerklow wrote:

>         Hello!
> I am planning on buying a 90mm for my M6s, as a complement to my 35/2Asph
> and 50/2.   I have been mostly leaning toward the Elmarit, since it is small
> and this is important for me since I usually keep extra lenses in my pocket.
> But what about the new Summicron APO?  Much difference in size?  Will the
> magnification of my .72 viewfinders be accurate enough using the lens wide
> open and for portraits at short distance?  Any VISUAL optical difference
> (not only difference in tests)?  Does anyone have experience with both
> lenses?
> I have also been thinking of buying Rapidwinders for my M6s.  Any drawbacks?
> Loud? Precision?
> I hope You can help me with some comments...!
>
>                                                  Göran Bw

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman