Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V15 #89
From: Thambar@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:32:59 EST

Frederik Boone inquired about solving a newton ring problem with a focomat
enlarger.  The problem is well-known and several techniques have been used to
resolve it, including a special glass.  However the one that I favor is the
circular brass template that squeeze fits over the business end of the
condenser.  I have used one for many years, and it has never failed to work
for me.   The problem is in locating one of these brass rings.  They are
relatively unknown.  The brass ring looks like it has fallen off some other
piece of equipment.  You might find one laying in the bottom of miscellaneous
photographic "junk" boxes in stores or at photographic swap meets.
     Good luck        George Butler