Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux GLOW (was 35mm asph)
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 03:37:38 -0500

Frank wrote (large snip):
. . .
The noctilux has a glow the 35 aspherical does not have
. . .
	--> " Glow " ( Noctilux ) is a buzz-word I'm not sure at all
	I understand. Is this "bokeh" translated to English ?
	Would this be a way of describing superior
	highlight / high key detail performance ?
	A "better shoulder" some might say ?????

	--> I'd tend to favor the 35mm asph f/1.4 "solution"
	for wider angle (more useable to me), for reported
	unbelievable resolution and edge definition at some apertures,
	better blow-up capability built-in,
	and a likely better camera system bahaviour in
	lower shutter speeds situation (focal length dependant) = less shake,
	add extra (and critical) real-life depth of field
	when wide open (every mm helps ...).
	Now I simply have to find the cash (C$4000, that baby)...

	Andre Jean Quintal