Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: 35/1.4 ASPH vs Noct
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:24:05 -0500

	--> The Summilux 35mm asph f/1.4
	would represent a better "all purpose" lens,
	state-of-the-art by any standard,
	while the Noctilux is in a class by itself.

	The Noctilux has its charms but I feel
	most photographers could get far more
	mileage out of the Summilux 35mm wide-angle
	that even could justify a one-lens system (add the 24mm M,
	the 75mm M when feasible, before or after a Noctilux).

	It's not just technology, at some point there's
	an aesthetic judgment, even a pragmatist's one,
	given the prices such Leica brand beauties retail for.

	I also happen to think a Summicron-M 50mm
	is quite an excellent purchase, but I seldom use
	that focal.

	Andre Jean Quintal