Subject: Re: [Leica] Film Winding Again, (was BASic question)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 06:07:22 -0800

 Mike Durling wrote::

> > I've been trying to figure out why it doesn't come loose when the bottom is
> > on but will when the bottom is off.  It almost seems like the theory that
> > the alligator won't bother you if you don't keep staring at it!">>>>>>>

Hi Mike,

I've passed on the loading thread simply because it's a total no brainer
to load an M6 and I'm surprised this topic has lasted so long.  However,
when I read this I just had to respond.

<<<I've been trying to figure out why it doesn't come loose when the
bottom is on but will when the bottom is off.>>>>>

Mike,  Why try to figure it out? If it doesn't come loose when the base
plate is on, that's cool and the way it's supposed to be. So why waste
your time trying to figure out why it comes loose with the base plate
off?  I mean, how many rolls do you expose with the base plate off? :)

Load it, forget it, take pictures!

An example:  When my oldest son was trying to teach me how to use a
computer I kept asking all kinds of "why and how does it do that" and
kept trying to figure out why.  One day in total exasperation:

"Stop asking reasons why, just press the damn keys and the how and why
happens, it doesn't matter! Do you ask why everything happens when you
take a picture?" Touche' So I stopped asking about internal why things I
didn't need to figure out and the computer continued to work. Of course
much to my surprise.;)

Just like you and loading. As long as the camera works when you need it,
why sweat the roll loose or on when the base plate is off or on?

Just do it, don't ask why! I mean curiosity killed the cat. Loading an
M6 wont kill you, but fussing with it trying to figure out how and why,
will beget you miss loaded film! There is an old theory, "Don't think
about it, Just do it!"

ted