Subject: Re: [Leica] Forgive me for I (sometimes) flash
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:58:36 -0500

I've used an old "potato masher" Honeywell Strobonar with my M4 but I don't
like to.  The bracket attaches to the tripod socket and there is a lot of
leverage from the bracket which goes under the baseplate to the heavy flash.
Since the tripod screw is not attached to the camera frame all of this
stress is borne by the baseplate.  I already have a couple of small cracks
on the pin-end of the baseplate.  Not from this technique though.  I haven't
used it enough.  When you hold the rig by the flash handle the camera tends
to swing unless the screw is really tight.

 | [o] . . . (Best I can do with ASCII)

Mike Durling
KD4KWB
http://www.widomaker.com/~durling/