Subject: [Leica] Mike's and Ed's magazines
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 07:53:20 +0000

>>>That's a great idea, it would be a valuable resource.<<<

I've long had it in mind to collect the best articles from the photo
enthusiast press since about 1945 into a book. There have been some
really great articles over the years, and now they're scattered and very
hard to find--I've collected a number myself from older photo
enthusiasts and libraries, but for those who don't have access they can
be very difficult indeed to locate.

I've never seen yours or Ed's magazines.
URLs please?
Distribution in the UK? where can I find a copy?

Thanks
Alex
<<<

Ed Buziak's magazine is _Camera & Darkroom_ UK, formerly _Darkroom
User_. Ed is Publisher and Editor. Mine is the American _PHOTO
Techniques_, founded in 1979 as _Darkroom Techniques_ and published
continuously since then under the same ownership (Preston Industries,
Inc.). I'm just the Editor. We're based in Niles, a suburb of Chicago.
We are a bimonthly and are specifically targeted at more experienced
photographers--many of our articles are more in-depth than are typically
seen in photo magazines. I don't think any of our writers frequent the
LUG except Erwin Puts, who wrote a fine article about the Leica Noctilux
a couple of years ago. However, several LUGGERs, including Tina Manley,
were featured in the accompanying Noctilux portfolio. An article by Ted
Grant will appear in Jul/Aug 2000.

Our website is www.phototechmag.com.

- --Mike