Subject: [Leica] Summicron 50 slides
From: Julio Marcos <jmarcos@DonJulio.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:23:09 -0800

I got the Kodachrome 25 slides back using my recently acquired summicron
(pre-latest). It was a delight using the summicron, love the focus tab,
and I got used to the round plastic hood (I asked about it last week).
I didn't get the results I wanted, mainly because of miss-focussing: I
have been using to the 40mm Rokkor for a while, and now I realize
through some blurry misses that the 50mm has much less depth-of-field. I
was shooting around f4 to f5.6, 1.5 to 3 meters away. The CL probably
makes it harder that a regular M, need to be more careful next time.
This was also my first K25 roll; unfortunately it didn't convince me;
I'm reverting back to Astia. The slides on the loupe kept telling me "I
am a colorized black and white..." (probably my mind)
The last couple of days I put some B&W and found myself carrying the CL
and the Summicron everywhere (this is also new for me). Hope something
good comes out!
Cheers,
Julio (Leica newbie)