Subject: [Leica] Advice needed
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:51:55 -0800

Oh great LUGGERS, I need advice. I have the chance to do a deal for some
M gear and would really appreciate you advice.

I am offered:

A DS M3 "user grade" s/n M3-863 607
A 35/2 Summichron, Chrome, Canada s/n 2010301
A 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit, black, s/n 3317405
or
A 90/2 Summichron, black, s/n 3359339

The camera body is rough but has a 30 day warranty. What should I look
for?

The 35/2 is clean. Which version is it? Any problems with this one?

The 90mm lenses are very clean. What are the merits of each? Is the 90/2
Summichron better than the 2.8 . Seller wants $500 for the 2.8., $600
for the 90/2.

Are there som good websites to get serial number and manufacturing dates
or reviews?
Thanks  again
Bill Lawlor

I will probably be trading some MF gear and other cameras for the items
so "price" is flexible.

Any opinions and advice from the LUG will be much appreciated. I have to
make a decision by Saturday.