Subject: [Leica] color heliar + 75 vf = paralax?
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:43:01 -0800

>I used the Voigtländer 75mm viewfinder on my IIIG for the portrait shots of my
>grandaughter;  the image on the negative had a decided bias to the left
>(vertical)
>side.  Next time I am going to move the central image in the viewfinder
>slightly to
>the right.  Ed K.

ed,

could this be a simple paralax problem?

some of my portrait shots taken with the summarit showed a similar top/left
bias - i was simply too close when i shot them and forgot to compensate for
paralax.

is there an 'official rule' for paralax compensation? i seem to recall
having read somewhere that you need to compensate if you're closer than 2
meters (about 6'8") to your subject. i realize that this basically means
moving your subject 'down and to the right' when shooting close with a sm
leica. is there any way to determine how far down and to the right?

guy