Subject: [Leica] Residue After Cleaning Lens
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 02:29:55 -0500 (EST)

Do any of you have a tried and proven method for removing the purplish
residue left after cleaning a lens?  I'm finding the new Heliar, in
particular, impossible to rid of this.  (Is it a special kind of
exceptionally irritating coating?)  I used ROR, then distilled water --
ie. my breath -- which usually works.  No go.  I tried Rexton OPTYL-7,
which is even more benign than ROR.  No go.  Should I try
Windex?  (The thought makes me cringe.  Although Bill Maxwell seems to
favor it -- in particular, I think, the blue stuff.  Or perhaps the
clear... I forget.)

I do have a light touch, and have never scratched a lens, but I don't want
to over-clean this.  Should I just leave the residue?

Yours in consternation,

Douglas Cooper