Subject: Re: [Leica] Harvey & Cuba
From: Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:37:43 -0800

>Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 07:59:23 +0000
>From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
>Subject: [Leica] Harvey & Cuba
>
>the prints I saw in the Leica Gallery were even mo' better (it helped to
>
>donal

I saw that show in LG too, last fall. What surprised me was that, according to
the guy in the gallery, everything was shot on slide, then 8x10 color inter
negatives were made from the slides, and the prints were made from the
internegs. The prints looked great but I would never figure that one out! Why
not print the slides on Ilfochrome (Ciba) in the first place? Contrast control?

Jiri Dvorak