Subject: [Leica] So, how about that IIIa?
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@echonyc.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:39:21 -0500 (EST)

Okay, I need advice (as usual).  I found an extremely nice IIIa -- I'd say
mint-/ex++, with accurate shutter speeds and a clear finder -- and they
want $375 for it.  This seems a good deal, and I'm looking for a second
LTM.  What say all of you?  Good price?  Should I hold out for a IIIf?
Are there serious build differences that I should know about?  (The
functionality of the IIIa is good enough for me, I think; I hardly need
flash sync.)  In fact, which of the III's was considered the most nicely
built of the bunch (apart from the IIIg, which I can't afford)?

I know the Canon line of rangefinders considerably better than I do the
ur-product, it seems.

Douglas Cooper