Subject: [Leica] CL with Light Leak
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:38:41 EST

Julio,

The design of the CL back further baffled by that remarkable hinged pressure
plate seems to rule out a light leak from that direction. You may have a
shutter problem. The CL shutter curtain is very delicate. Unlike the M's, the
CL curtain runs vertically. The symptoms you describe seem to indicate the
curtain problem. However, I've never had a similar failing with my CL. The CL
is an intricate but well-made camera. It requires a light touch and careful
use.

BR