Subject: [Leica] CL with Light Leak
From: Julio Marcos <jmarcos@DonJulio.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:33:06 -0800

>The design of the CL back further baffled by that remarkable hinged
>pressure plate seems to rule out a light leak from that direction.
>You may have a shutter problem. The CL shutter curtain is very delicate.

Yes, that could be. I was looking inside the shutter curtain 'rails' and
they are not totally straight.
I was looking at my slides and the area of everexposure is as follows:

+----------+
|          |
|    x     |
|    x     |
|    x     |

So this area appears at the bottom and goes up, nearly in the middle of
the frame, but not always, and not all the time. Maybe it runs top to
bottom instead of bottom-up (got confused).
Thanks for suggestions, I'll have it looked at, probably after I get the
M6. I already had the rangefinder fixed when I received it through the
mail; too bad it had all these extra problems (meter is not linear
across shutter speeds, frame counter not working as it should be.) Of
course, the seller never saw this.

- -Julio