Subject: [Leica] The Dangerous 43-86 AE Nikkor
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:17:47 EST

In a message dated 2/28/00 12:03:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

<< Now they weren't perfect and have
 produced some real bonehead gear (how about the uncoated 43~86 original
 zoom, the original mush master and the Nikkormats before the FT2 which had
 among the hardest ever to set ISO dials. >>
- -------------
I might have a later AE model of that 43-86 zoom. I wouldn't trade it for any
current lens of the same or similar focal length range, be it Leica or anyone
else's.
The only problem I have with it is that it's too dangerous. It's clinical to
the point where I can't use it for portraits of anyone over 16. So I don't
use it for portraits at all. I employ it for objects or landscape.

As for the Nikon F, my straight pentaprism 1969 model is the ultimate camera.
Should a Leica R8 suddenly be bestowed on me by some miracle, it would be
judged against the Nikon F. Not vice versa. As for any RF camera, it must cut
it against the M3. Which I doubt it could.

BR

BR