Subject: Re: [Leica] My First M3!
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:16:16 -0500

Congratulations on joining the ranks of the M3 users.  That was the
model that first lured me to the Leica about 12 years ago.  And
despite the ongoing ebb and flow of equipment, that particular body
with some honorable scars and dings stays on.

On 14 Mar 00, at 0:07, Doug Cooper wrote:

> a) Do these modifications affect the resale value?  (I'm happy
with them
> -- they're useful! -- and it's clearly a user's camera; not for a
> collector.  But knowin' me, I'll trade or sell it some day.)

It seems, IMHO, that the modifications were made to facilitate use.
 It seems reasonable that another user would see them as a
benefit should you decide to sell.

[snip]

> c) I've heard about conversions to M4 flash sync; what would
such a mod
> look like?  And what would it do?  (Dunno if I have it.)
The M3 flash ports can be converted to the standard PC design.
That's a conversion well worth doing if (horrible dictu) you're going
to use flash.  The little M3-to-PC adapters are a nuisance - they
poke you in the forehead, they hide in your camera bag when
you're looking for them, and they loosen up enough to break
continuity immediately before an important shot.  Both sockets can
also be wired to X-sync.

Roy