Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant's resale value
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:47:46 -0500

LUGers all,
On a lark, I ran Ted Grant's name through the ABE and Bibliofind search
engines.  As you can see below, his oft lauded work has, like a good M3,
maintained its value in the used marketplace ;-) .  Note that none of the
available copies is autographed.
Jonathan Lee

1. GRANT, Ted. [Introduction By Douglas Waugh, M.D.]., Illustrated by Ted
Grant. This Is Our Work: The Legacy of Sir William Osler. Philadelphia,:
American College of Physicians. 1994 Full Cloth, w/ Gold Lettering.
FINE./Near Fine. First Edition, 2nd Impression. Very Lg. Sq. Folio (13" x
13"). Stunning photography of doctors, nurses, patients all coming together
in this noble enterprise--Grant's close up photography makes you feel like
you are in the operating room. 95 full page plates with quotes from Osler's
writings intermixed. Very attractive presentation. Very large format title
(shipping at cost), handsomely designed and impeccably produced. Full cloth,
gold lettering, silk ribbon bookmark sewn in. Book is virtually as new, no
edgewear, very light wrinkling at extreme edges of dj. Book # 4089 US$ 60.00
</abe/CE?v=US$+60.00&s=US$> Click here for more information or to purchase
this book directly from Calliope Books, CA, U.S.A.

by Ted Grant ; introductory  text, Douglas Waugh: This is our work :the
legacy of Sir William Osler ; 5 Span Bridge Books,1994., 1994, HARDCOVER,
HEAL-HIST OF MED, cn 94-900588 (UR#:1-0969856806-0) Offered for sale by
Powells Books at US$60.00