Subject: Re: [Leica] My First M3!
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:18:52 EST

In a message dated 3/13/00 11:13:59 PM Central Standard Time,
visigoth@echonyc.com writes:

<<  It has what looks to me like the glass
 pressure plate (although it's hard to tell; certainly it's held in place
 the way the glass one was).   >>
Glad you now have an M-3.  In my opinion, that is the best of the Leica
cameras.

As I recall, the pressure plates of the earlier M-3 cameras was made of a
ceramic material but had to be changed to an aluminum plate to avoid static
electricity charges across the film.  If you have any static electricity
charges, you may wish to look into changing the ceramic plate.

Good shooting with the M-3.

Don R.