Subject: RE: [Leica] Filter sizes - repost requested
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:00:39 -0000

Doug,
I'm wondering if there might be some discrepancy between non-threaded and
threaded series filter sizes.
Having recieved a rubber hood for the 90/2.8 'skinny' Tele-Elmarit
yesterday, this had a series filter retaining ring for S5.5 filters.
I had a set of (Vivitar) threaded Series 5 filters and they fit perfectly,
certainly there's no room for a wider filter to be inserted.
It would be interesting to compare diameters with non threaded S5 and S5.5
filters.

On a seperate though connected tack, I frequently use 48mm filters in the S7
holders, eg the 35 Summilux-M hood and 21/28mm M hood, though these do feel
a little sloppy sometimes depending on the make.

regards,
Jem