Subject: Re: [Leica] Helicopter Aerials - what about I.S. lenses ?
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 07:54:51 -0500

	--> I wonder if the Canon I.S. lenses are all that great
	for such an application ? Never used one.
	Maybe is there a lurker Canon freak who would comment
	on this specific application ?

	I realize this may be a *sin* to some here,
	but the question could become: "Would Leica benefit
	by introducing an image stabilized 180mm lens?"

	Maybe the Geovid binoculars have some technology
	that could be transferred to an eventual 'R' lens, if they
	are "image stabilized" ?

	AJQ
[snip]
In all this, I've never used a gyro. Read a lot about them. Some
air-to-air guys use them on occasion, but I know of no one in the
aviation community who uses one always, or considers them "the answer."
Maybe it's just pride, but skill, patience, planning and a good eye are
considered the best tools to produce stunning shots. And, of course,
Leica glass.

My two cents.

David W. Almy
Annapolis